How To Prepare Sea Moss
You will need a high powered blender to prepare the sea moss and a gallon of distilled water.
- 1 - 2 onces of distilled water
- 1 oz or 29 grams of dried sea moss
- Place the dry sea moss in a large bowl and cover it with distilled water, massage it, then rinse it, then empty the water and repeat the process at least twice or until clean (no visible particles).
- Fully cover the bowl of sea moss with distilled water. Let it soak for 12 to 24hrs (at room temperature).
- Drain the water used for soaking the sea moss, add the sea moss to the blender with fresh distilled water (start with 1 cup of water and add more if necessary; no more than 2 cups total.
- Blend it until it is smooth. Transfer the sea moss into an airtight container or mason jar and refridgerate it for 24hrs. You can then consume it.
- The sea moss can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Sea moss gel can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Enjoy 1-2 tablespoons a day in smoothies,tea, coffee, soups, jam, ect.